Repurposed Vintage Fabrics Into Organizer and Gift Bags

Monday, February 7, 2011

Featured Shop Member For February 2011

Here at the Sunshine Farmgirl Co-op, I will feature a new shop member each month for you to get to know them better and what they have to offer you and your family.  This month it is Cathy Murray of Murray Designs. Visit http://www.sunshinefarmgirlcoop.com/ and click on the shop tab to buy from her adorable collection of dolls and jewelry.

You will find wonderful country handmade dolls for boys and girls or the country collector, like me.  They are soft and have bendable arms and legs.  The stitching is done perfectly and with yarn so there is nothing to come off in the little ones mouth.  All made with love and cotton fabric.

You can request custom orders for the color and theme you choose.  I had two made for my family.  My 20 year old daughter loves Nancy Drew mystery books.  So, I had Cathy make one in the colors my daughter likes, which was navy blue and country blues with a cute checked apron.  Then I added a cute little necklace with a picture of the Nancy Drew character on a scrabble tile to hang around the dolls neck.  She was very pleased with it and it sits on the shelf next to her mystery book collection.

So no matter what the age you'll love having Cathy make you one of these dolls for friends and family.  I chose one for my country shelf collectibles.  She has strawberry blonde hair is wearing a cute little straw hat.  Here are pictures of the two she made for me.

1 comment: